SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pamelah_gw

ideas for a multi-function bath counter and sink

13 years ago

I would appreciate some input on a sink and counter top material for a bath that will serve as my studio's wet area 6 days a week, and will occasionally serve as the cabana bath and shower for our pool area. I work with a variety of dyes and paints, so the sink will be the mixing spot/rinse out/and clean up area for my brushes, containers, etc.

I have to use a little Chlorox and vinegar occasionally, and a wide variety of other chemicals.

I found a zero radius rectangular flat bottomed 5" deep ceramic vessel sink that would be pretty functional for my studio needs. It would be better if it was undermount, but I can't find one like that.

The vanity is 48". Do you think that soapstone or black granite would be good for this application? Or, can you suggest another surface that would be acid and bleach tolerant? This is a new house and I hate to spend the $ on something that will get ruined, but I also want to spend $ wisely so the bath doesn't look el cheapo during the time it serves as a cabana bath.

Thanks for your help!

Comments (4)