SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
oceanbaby_gw

Windows XP, Internet Explorer, - No Clue

oceanbaby
13 years ago

My computer which is about 5 years old is very slow, especially on start-up and is also freezing once I do get on the internet. Turn it on and then walk away and come back 10 minutes later. In trying to fix it myself I read to look at what programs will run when the computer is turned on and to delete those that are not needed. I did that and found: real sched, smax 4pnp, msseres, def, mgr, dsca, sprt cmd, avg, tray, reader sl,adobe arm, capp, quicktime task - and Mixner 45,245. I don't have a clue as to what any of this means. When I go on All Programs - there is a ton of them - I've read to delete programs that I don't use. Again, no clue. Use computer only for email and internet. Debated about calling a service in to do a "clean-up" but the last time it cost a little under $200.

Appreciate any help but maybe due to my lack of computer knowledge it's time to get a new one and have a minimum of stuff on it - need simplification. As an aside I recently installed CCleaner in an attempt to help me.

Thank you.

Comments (4)