SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marisany

Photos - bent tile? How long should tiling take?

marisany
15 years ago

I'm a month into a gut renovation of a very small bathroom, and I am worn out and discouraged. I'm not sure I like the tile that I spent months choosing, and I am pretty sure I don't like the paint color (at least that can be changed easily). Here are photos I took this morning:

This next one is sideways for some reason; the square tiles are above the detail strip:

I have two questions:

1. Now that the detail strip is up, I see that some of the narrow bead strips that are above and below the detail are not straight. Should I demand replacements? This will mean taking down the ones that are up, and waiting a while for new ones (original lead time was 6-8 weeks). Or is this within expectations for semi-handmade tile? Here are close-ups (no grout yet):

2. I'm wondering whether the tile guy is slow. The back wall of the shower, shown in the photos, took 3 full days to complete. It's 5' wide and 8' high. Is this reasonable? Is he doing a good job? I'm wondering, because we have another bathroom to do and if this guy is slower than usual, I will use someone else.

Comments (10)