SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mcg1245

Has anyone built with Diyanni Homes in Columbus, OH?

mcg1245
12 years ago

I am considering them as I am now not considering Schumacher or Wayne due to the posts I have read here.

Comments (45)

• bigkahuna
    12 years ago

I know Henry casually from the building community here and I have found him to be a nice guy. I have never actually designed anything for them or had any projects built by them. I dont know any of his customers and would suggest possibly Angies List ?? You might also ask for a list of past clients /references. I would be surprised if he wouldnt share some.

Good Luck

• mcg1245
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks, I have a call with them tomorrow and will be sure to ask for past clients.

• Related Discussions

Plant swap, Hilliard (Columbus) OH, Sept. 18

Q

Comments (100)
    Thanks so much to Kathy and Tiffany; this was a fantastic swap. I picked up some wonderful things: great blue lobelia, rose campion, a Jacob's ladder, meadowsweet, dwarf iris, willow shrub and fuschia cuttings, and 3 (count 'em!) 3 bags of Stella D'Oro! Oh, and two bags of Jack-in-the-pulpit seed stalks; I'm busy researching those now, to figure out the best place and way to plant them. I got a chance to spread the gospel of scented gernaiums and found good homes for tansy, mugwort, heuchera, sedum, a bunch of bearded iris, and most importantly my little leaf lilac. Poor guy's been doing his best for two years back behind the tomatoes and peppers every summer -- it's nice to know he'll get a chance to be a star in someone else's yard! But most importantly, I got a chance to hang out with some really nice folks who are just as geeked about plants as I am -- which is a great time in and of itself! Maybe next time I'll actually get there on time..... Nah, probably not. But I'm looking forward to it! (BTW, did anybody happen to find an unclaimed crockpot during clean-up? I didn't realize I'd left it until I was doing the dishes late last night -- seemed a bit too late to drive back by that time. If somebody found it let me know and I'll come pick up my orphan.)\ Thanks again, everybody!
    ...See More

is/has anyone built a frank betz home?

Q

Comments (149)
    Glassed in porch, instead of deck; small sunroom on right corner, instead of small corner porch
    ...See More

Antique Dealers in Columbus, Oh Area ??

Q

Comments (7)
    If you like live auctions, see link below to Auction Zip, a good resource for auctions. You can check your area by distance from your zip code for upcoming auctions. Some of the best deals I've gotten on antiques are from auctions/estate sales, selling for a fraction of what they would at an antique store. Just go to link below, put in your zip, set the distance in miles to search, and you'll get the auction lists. Then click on the auctions for photos (most auctioneers in my area put up photos the week or so before the auction). If it's furniture you're looking for, they usually highlight the good stuff and will have photos. Good way to get a bargain and spend a weekend afternoon ;) Oh, almost forgot, there's a huge antique mall in Springfield, Heart of Ohio Antiques. '650 dealers from 20 states'. Have not been there but every time I'm going back home to OH I've wanted to stop (just too tired from being on the road all day). It's only about a 40 minute drive from Columbus. Here is a link that might be useful: Auction Zip
    ...See More

Need help finding 30x40 ft +/- single story (Columbus, OH)

Q

Comments (22)
    Thanks Cathy and abbisgram! Here is a pic showing the roof being put up. You can see the two hinged locations on the roof. I didnt see this being done, someone else took this pic. Getting it up my 275’ tree lined driveway was not completely smooth sailing. They had to take down some trees and some of the lowest shingles on the right were damaged/had to be replaced. They also had to take out part of my fence nearest the house(see above pic). The guy in charge underestimated the amount of trees/branches I needed to cut (and fence I needed to remove). No big deal, just sayin. Overall extremely happy so far. For those interested, I believe the breakdown was about 133k for house (delivered) and 11k for foundation/prep work. Prep work was a bit more bc despite me adding a bunch of fill to footprint of house (leeches live in my “soil”, and I have a vernal pool (and spring peepers!) that lasts until aug/sept, last house was rotted at bottom, it was toooo low) they ran into the footer of the previous house. I also will need to pay about $32/foot to bring natural gas line down street and possibly up to house. Hoping this will be under 2k but could be more. Better to pay up front and save $$ long term.
    ...See More
  • dejongdreamhouse
    12 years ago

We're on the other side of the state, or I'd recommend our builder. Instead, I HIGHLY recommend talking to former clients. If they're happy, they should let you some see their house. Ask them what they love, what they would do differently, how close the total came to the estimate (and find out what was their own upgrades made after the estimate, and which were overages),and if they'd build with them again.

Good luck!

• mainecoonkitty
    12 years ago

We considered both Schumacher and Wayne and talked to Diyanni and P&D Builders. Since both Schumacher and Wayne tend to build on your own land and not in subdivisions, what area around CBus are you going to build in? The reason I'm asking is that we talked to all those builders and about 10 others in the Cbus area. We owned 8 acres between Mt Vernon and Utica in Knox County and went with a builder I highly recommend after interviewing many others - Roy Schlabach from Millersburg. He's an Amish builder who has his own crews and only subcontracts out the electrical work and the HVAC. We were just about to give up on builders and sell the land when we found him. I'm in love with my house and the way he built it - quality workmanship and real concern keeping within the budget. He made great suggestions for improvements to the plans that we absolutely love now, but wouldn't have thought of without his expertise. He built our house on schedule and UNDER budget, with no cost overruns or delays. We've had several people driving down our road stop and ask who built our house. He's built several others from those glowing referrals we always give him. He's absolutely the best builder I've ever dealt with and if we ever build a gain (not likely because we plan to stay in this house until we die!), he's the only one I would ever call. BTW - he's so well known in this area for his quality homes that when people sell them, they always say "built by Roy Schlabach" in their For Sale ads. Realtors in this area say that his reputation as a builder sells houses.

If you want his contact information, let me know.

• mcg1245
    Original Author
    12 years ago

mainecoonkitty, I would like his contact info. We are looking in the Westerville area but have looked at land in Johnstown and Sunbury. There are several plaot we just havent decided on one. About what was the cost per ft. that you ended up with? I like the idea of coming in under bidget with no overruns. Appreciate any help.

• mainecoonkitty
    12 years ago

mcg1245-

send an email to Dklady44@aol.com with "Builder Info" in the subject line and I'll send you his phone number and contact info. He's Amish but does have a cell phone for his work. We owned the 8 acres we built on, but think our cost per sq ft came out to about $110. That's pretty impressive since we have a lot of high end finishes - like granite, custom cherry cabinetry and woodwork, hardwood, and a fairly complete floorplan with a walkout basement, screened in porch, sunroom and elevated deck. Roy builds in all price ranges from the low $200's up to over a million.

• bigkahuna
    12 years ago

I also had a client I designed a home for build a home near Belleville with Schlabaugh I believe. I have also heard good things about them. I may also suggest them for a remodel plan I am doing in Bucyrus. I must admit I forgot about them. The $110/sf sounds very reasonable for nice finishes but is what many are coming in at in the tighter economy.

• Justice J
    3 years ago

We are building with Diyanni now and have nothing but problems. Go with anyone else, not Diyanni!!

• Wendy Lawwell
    3 years ago

@spencer sellers What problems are you having with Diyanni? And what area are you building in?

• Daniel Deane
    3 years ago

We are building with Diyanni and it has been the slowest process on their end. God forbid you make a change. Takes weeks to get back to you. Also look at #diyannihomes on Instagram. Not very reassuring.

• HU-531576859
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

Diyanni homes increased the price of our home and is now past the 7 months to finish projection they promised. What you get for the price you pay for as their staff has lacked the customer service you would expect when you are the financier of such an expense product. I’ve experienced a ton of errors per color design, discontinuation of material, delays, electrical slowdowns and the list goes on and on. Yes Covid plays a part but communication should increase when delays are expected. Instead you have to trackdown answers only to be told incorrect information repeatedly.

So if you do go with this builder be sure to triple check everything you sign and ask them to give all promises in writing with timelins. I give them a 3 out of 5.

• Wendy Lawwell
    2 years ago

We ended up going with Diyanni (Columbus) to build our home. We broke ground October 2020 and we moved in June 2021 (this was our target month to move in so we were fine with it). We never had a price increase after we went into contract so I’m thankful for that but I so agree that customer service is very much lacking at Diyanni. Our sales rep Julie was great, and Clayann (exterior choices) was very helpful and personable and used her private phone to send me pics and call me to help me make some choices. Other than those two people we felt like we were building our home online. They wanted every conversation documented in Builder Trend. The amount of messages we got from random Diyanni people was overwhelming. Most of them were telling us to do something but not even saying who they were or what their position was, then another message from a different person telling us

maybe the same thing or the opposite. Oh and our 30 day punch list started June 19 and it’s finally done in October, well almost. My husband had to stay on top of the building process and even fixed some on the 30 day warranty things. I was never very happy with our foreman. But the house is done and we are settled and we feel like we have a great home.

• HU-531576859
    2 years ago

Happy it worked out for you and your family. We will see how long it takes for our project to finish. Our one month extension has already cost us close to 3K in additional fees so I am hoping for the best. Thank you for the update and I will come back and update once we finish.

• amalgamate
    2 years ago

Building with Diyanni now. Communication is poor and the work is slow. I wish I had selected a different builder.

• Wendy Lawwell
    2 years ago

@amalgamate Where are you building?

and who is your job foreman? We built in Marengo (Morrow County) just north of Sunbury (Delaware County) and our foreman was Jim Jones. Our dig was in mid October and our move in was the middle of June. We expected 7 months of build time, but was ok with the 8 months as we expected delays. Our issue was after we moved in and Diyanni completing our 30 day punch list. It took 4 months to almost complete all the 30 day punch list items. And we are stil waiting on 1 more item to be completed which is replacing the siding. At this rate it will probably be in the Spring.

• Karen Taylor
    2 years ago

@Wendy Lawwell we are building in Marengo currently with Diyanni. We broke ground Nov. 3 we have waterpoofed walls currently waiting on backfill then steel and framing is supposed to begin 11/30. Took forever to get that dig date (contact signed 3/30..loan closed mid June) but moving along fairly nicely now. Do you happen to be on 15? i saw a couple new homes that look like Diyanni builds that are beautiful. I also saw a sign on 61 for a build for them recently. We are on 208 which runs btw 15 & 229.

• amalgamate
    2 years ago

I’m building in Delaware county on Marysville rd. Our project manager initially was Jim Jones but we have someone else now. The PM’s seem ok to me but I think the volume of houses that Diyanni is trying to build all at the same time is the problem. At least some other builders aren’t struggling as much (our future neighbor’s home went up in approx. 7 months, while we’re expecting a 10 month build process). It took us 11 months to dig from when we signed our contract and we were very decisive throughout the process. At one point it was taking Diyanni 3 weeks to turn around very basic changes during the planning stages. We dug in mid-August and we just got our basement concrete poured so that they can start plumbing and other work inside.

• Karen Taylor
    2 years ago

@amalgamate. the communication was my biggest complaint from the beginning and agree everything takes forever..was always 3 weeks and nothing set up to move from each thing to the next. Things are going pretty well since dig date. our project manager is responsive to texts and calls so that helps.

• Wendy Lawwell
    2 years ago

@Karen Taylor well we are neighbors! We are on 213. If you go to the stop sign at the corner of 208 and 213, turn right, pass the lot with the pond for sale, then pass the lot with the fence and out building and we are the ranch which is the first house on the right (5454 Township Rd 213) Our property backs up to the horse pastures of the red barn. We've been watching ypur land improvements! Please feel free to stop anytime and say hi!

• Karen Taylor
    2 years ago

@Wendy Lawwell..that is great! you honestly probably have seen and will continue to get to see more of my build then i do/will. we currently live inGahanna so i usually only go up once a week ..twice some weeks to see what has been accomplished. I did manage to randomly catch the walls being poured one day though so that was exciting. i created a build instagram account to document the build check that out if you have an account, send me a message and i will send you my contact info since we will be neighbors and all!! taylor_newbury_build_diyanni is what it is under as user. i am also on FB under Karen Bradley Taylor.

• Karen Taylor
    2 years ago

@Sean Gerke Wow. i am so sorry to hear this. is Devin your PM? Have you tried to talk to Ben (regional) about all the issues? So far Devin has done a good job but we arent too far in yet. I am really worried about the same issues you are having though though. ..we were 3 days ahead of schedule now we are 8 days behind….which obviously is not bad but we havent started framing yet so i dont have much confidence we wont hit the same issues as you. i also have felt like I have had to do so much micro managing and since i know nothing about building a house i am not qualified

• Sean Gerke
    2 years ago

@Karen Taylor I have spoken to Ben, and even went above him to Dan Surrell. We really didn't hit issues until framing was done. Check to make sure you window door order has been placed and is correct now. Devin waits until the last minute to do everything. He does not plan ahead too far and he is not good at communicating unless you stay on him. Otherwise he is okay. We just got another DiYanni coming in right next to me. They just purchased the lot on Saturday. Nice people!

• Wendy Lawwell
    2 years ago

I’m so sorry your experiencing these delays and problems. While we experienced delays, it was nothing like what you are going through. We feel like our PM was not good at coordinating subs, leaving weeks where there was nothing done. Lack of communication overall with Diyanni is disappointing- they want everything and all conversations documented in builder trend only our PM didn’t use it. Then when we had a question for someone ”in the office” instead of a quick phone call to get what would have been 5 minutes- it took days and sometimes weeks to get answered through BT. We had some building errors that my husband caught which I am so thankful for (he was in construction for over 25 years and now is in the building inspection field). We are not impressed with very many subs- we found them to be sloppy with the exception of the flooring and tile company subs. We really liked them. We also like Clayanne for our exterior selections with Diyanni, she was very personable and even did a phone meeting with me on her personal phone and she had many phone conversations with me. Ferguson Lighting and Safe way were terrible to work with. The plumber made a huge safety error when installing the gas line to the fireplace,(he installed it in the return air duct) which my husband caught and many of our fixtures are already loose and wobbly. The painters left so much overspray on the floor, tile and woodwork that I'm still trying to clean off 6 months later and instead of painting the ends of the corner round someone put globs of caulking on the ends which I will soon have to spend time scrapping it off and painting myself. My husband and I love our house (design) but feel like Diyanni dropped the ball on quality work. Feel free to stop by and see our home (we just ask that you wear a mask) We are really close to you at 5454 TWP Rd 213.

• Wendy Lawwell
    2 years ago

@Karen Taylor our PM Jim J is still with Diyanni - my husband texted him last Monday about the siding- no response, so he called him Thursday and Jim said he hasn't heard back yet from the siding guy (the last he spoke to him was October). So Jim will just not do anymore follow up. So getrinf us on the schedule to redo the siding will be up to us pestering Jim or getting the siding guys name and number and we pester him. Its looking like next Spring or summer if we are lucky. Jim said he was reassigned some PM projects because he had too many going on. When we had problems we also messaged Dan Surrell and eventually Phil Diyanni himself and neither responded.

• Sean Gerke
    2 years ago

@Wendy Lawwell our home is located @ 1938 Co Rd 206 please feel free to do a drive by. Its locked up but you can still look through the windows. I was in over the weekend vacuuming up all the dust from the wood/trim work they did in October. Since nothing has been done since then, to get ready for painting. DiYanni refuses to give me any info on the trades so I cannot call them and bother to get stuff done sooner. There is a custom home builder building home right next to my house and its been 3 months and the home is almost done. Roughly same size just a ranch instead of a 2-story. I cannot wait until its over! Yes we had a great experience with Julie our sales person and Clayanne, just wished we could have gotten whitewashed brick on the front instead of faux stone. I'm at a point to get ready to talk to an attorney to see if anything can be done. Its exhausting! Good luck with your build and if you need anything feel free to send me an email seangerke at yahoo. com

• Wendy Lawwell
    2 years ago

@Sean Gerke- LOL-my husband was at the house constantly with the shop vac, broom and cleaning supplies. Our house has been done since June so we have been in for 6 months. That’s why I said feel free to stop over so you can see the finished product. We will drive by this weekend and if your there we will stop and say Hi! What model are you building?

• HU-976643315
    2 years ago

To answer your question I will just give you my recent review

Dream home is a nightmare that may never get completed. For a free upgrade on front door hardware, I promised a review. I have put off doing this as I wanted to be able to give a decent if not good review. We looked at several builders. Diyanni had the most plans with many items being standard rather than a upgrade. My biggest concern was the location of our property as we are in a rural area. I asked about construction crews, and the use of sub-contractors. Salesman Larry R assured us that would not be an issue as Diyanni used their own people. Larry is a salesman, a good one perhaps too good. I was told that this office had the highest sales ever. Christina K shared this information with us. Christina was wonderful to work with in design. I think this office over sold, over promised and has under delivered. Larry told us from time of contract to move in was approximately 10 to 12 months. We signed our contract May 20, 2020. We acquired our own financing, we obtained our building permit as we needed that permit in hand to get the HOA approval and permit from them. My husband kept Diyanni informed of all documents (permits) that he uploaded to builders trend. Our dig date happened on November 3, 2020. Project manager Jon D said 210 days for completion, which would would make completion June 1, 2021. Over the first several months we had 3 different project managers who gave us every reason thinkable for lack of progress. I could give those excuses and dates but that would make this way too long. I will mention that frequently our calls, and messages went unanswered. I think Jeff H was the worse project manager by far, he made it pretty clear he didn't want to be doing our job. Jeff stated he would make sure he would never do another job in our area. Framing mistakes (under Jeff H) have been unreal. The biggest excuse for delays has been framing errors, which is ongoing. I can't fault our 3rd project manager since he was promoted shortly after being hired. Thank goodness for our present project manager Jonny P, we finally feel like he cares about us and the problems with completing our home. He corrects one issue and finds another. He has also been great with communication in builders trend and he keeps us up to date. However for what ever reason Diyanni contractors do not show up. Our siding has been laying in our yard since July with promises since August that it was going to be installed. It is still in the yard today, hopefully we have found someone to do this but that guy has already text me asking if I had to go through this company. So I am worried that he might bail as well. Scott and Jonny gave us a settlement date (completion) January 18th 2022. There is so much yet to be completed. Given that once again their people are not showing up I can't see this happening. This will be a major issue as we have had 2 construction loan extensions already. I doubt that we get another. Diyanni is aware of these problems, but have yet to increase efforts to complete our home. I have felt at times that we are not of concern and that the resources required are not being given. The company owners will claim shortages of supplies due to COVID and yes to some degree we understand this. However we have supplies on site. Yesterday the painters and the tile people were suppose to be there, neither showed. Our PM was great at finding out why and we are now told it will be next week. We have been told next week, next Monday, next Friday that we no longer believe that we will ever be finished. We have new appliances on hold, we have furniture on hold and in storage. The cost of these delays continue to add up. I could go on but instead I will just give some numbers. To date it has been 586 days since signing of contract, 419days since dig date, and the siding has been on our lawn for 159 days. On a positive note, the vendors Ferguson Lighting and Plumbing was amazing to work with, as was the flooring center.

• Sean Gerke
    2 years ago

@Wendy Lawwell we started with the Sandlewood layout and I cut the heck out of it and rearranged almost everything in the first floor. I have seen a bit of a change when I decided to call our Construction Manager every single day to see how things are going. Our rental lease ends Jan 31 and we are moving into the house even if its not done. Someone, try and stop me.

@HU-976643315 your story sounds very similar to everyone's. Sales has mo idea about build side. Very far removed. DiYanni does not have their own people and subs out everything. Our siding guys said they got hired 2 weeks before my house, it was a father/son crew. Two guys. I bought the lunch everyday. They did a great job. My suggestion, be as annoying as possible to get the build done.

• HU-394940249
    2 years ago

Same complaints as everyone else on this thread. We wish we would have gone with a different builder. We signed contract Dec 2020, estimated to be in June 2022.

• Sean Gerke
    2 years ago

Just stay on them. Be very active in the conversation every week. What happened last week, what is happening this week, and what is planned for next week. Every meeting should be like that.

• amalgamate
    2 years ago

We're 7 months into our build and 9 1/2 months since we received our build permit. There have been delays getting our dig date, delays with plumbing, delays with electrical. Basically delays every step of the way. We're waiting on an electrician now. I call the electrician and they don't seem to care. We're on our 3rd project manager since we started with them. I call Diyanni and there's no sense of urgency. We start paying our mortgage on 5/1 whether we're in the home or not and there's NO END IN SIGHT on our build. This has been an absolute nightmare. I STRONGLY recommend AGAINST Diyanni.

• Wendy Lawwell
    2 years ago

@Sean Gerke are you in your house yet? if so how do you feel about your home now that its done? @amalgamate where are you building and who have you had for PMs?

• Karen Taylor
    2 years ago

@amalgamate i am waiting as well we start repaying our full loan 7/1 we are framed(took a month and a half when was supposed to take 14 days after sitting waiting for 5 weeks no movement to start) .. there are framing errors that have to be corected no schedule on that ..they are supposed to wrap and put windows and doors in this week. was told electric and plumbing is being prioritized based on who waiting the longest but underground plumbing has been on our schedule for months. I sent them my electrician who said he can start and do the entire house but they have not followed through to talk to him after 2 weeks of him waiting (he is doing my main hookup regardless from transformer to house since their electic interior wont do that part). i asked yesterday about pulling electric and plumbing from the contract completely and hiring my own to get the build back on track but no response to that either. the orig expected move in was supposed to be 6/13 but we were told not to even bother expecting to he moving this summer at all.

• Wendy Lawwell
    2 years ago

@HU-976643315 Has your home been completed yet?

• Wendy Lawwell
    2 years ago

@Karen Taylor you know I'm looking everyday. How is the communicatukn going with your PM?

• amalgamate
    2 years ago

@Karen Taylor - plumbing was the longest wait for us. We waited from mid-November to Mid-January for plumbing. Plumbing work & HVAC work took from mid-Jan to mid-Feb. We've been waiting 2 weeks for the electrician. They finally sent the plans today (after many calls & escalation within Diyanni mgmt) and I have a meeting with them to go over that tomorrow. Hopefully Diyanni has been completing the framing punch out but I'm not optimistic. It looks like I'm about 2 months ahead of where you are. My house was fairly simple from a framing standpoint and we didn't deviate from the Diyanni plans much at all - so I'm hoping there are few issues with respect to that. My brother is also building with Diyanni and they finishing electrical 3 months ago and have yet to get their drywall in. So it's just a never-ending list of delays and issues it seems across all the builds no matter what territory. Every 1-2 week delay adds up and a 6-7 month build can easily turn into 12...I was hoping that with the plumbing delays, we'd be higher on the priority list with the trades after that but at least with electrical, that was not the case.

• Sean Gerke
    2 years ago

Hi everyone. We have been in our home now for two weeks. At one point, I basically said I am managing the project myself. I had daily calls with our contractor Devin which he liked because it helped him keep everything straight. Since we build in Marengo and there are no building codes here I was able to help with a few minor things along the way. Once we got paint up though, I took a direct hands on approach which sped up the process tremendously. If you are building outside morrow county y'all cant touch anything due to permits. Here we had freedom. I helped with painting, putting door knobs on, i installed my hood vent, and then did a ton of cleaning to get us in faster. Our cleaning person said it was the easiest house they ever went to. I am very happy with end result. It was a complete pain in the ass to get here but worth it!!! There are a few minor issues but should get resolved at 30 day or 11 month check. A hand full of nail pops, and there are two sections on the vinyl plank flooring. One area subfloor is a bit lower, so you can here a pop when u step on that area. And the other is direct opposite. Subfloor is a but higher and there is a tiny peak. Im not worried right now, the house is settling and things like this will happen. They will get them fixed. We had out first fire in the new fireplace and it was wonderful.

Please feel free to drive by. We are near corner of co rd 206 and 191. Cant miss us.

• Wendy Lawwell
    2 years ago

@Sean Gerke that is great m! I’m glad you are in i know exactly where you are and when it gets a little warmer and less wet- my husband and I will stop by and introduce ourselves. feel free to stop by if you are ever near the intersection of 213 and 208. We are at 5454 Twonship Rd 213.

• Karen Taylor
    2 years ago

@Sean Gerke i am so happy and excited for you. i think i drove by your house about a month ago. we are on 208 just south of the huge horse barn around the corner from Wendy! You give me hope. i am meeting Devin at the house on Thursday at noon to try to get control of things. i have asked about pulling stuff from the contract and getting my own electricians and plumbers instead of waiting on their people who are not even scheduled yet and no plan in sight. I didn't get an answer on that yet.

• HU-531576859
    2 years ago

We started our build with Diyanni March 2021, framing good went well, drywall installation went well too We started seeing problems with our skill trades/sub contractors. Our color selection was wrong (inverted), when I attempted to ask them the response was, well you looked at the color sheet and there is nothing we can do about it. The estimated time to move in was so far off (we were told the house would be completed somewhere between the 2nd week to the end of September) so with that estimate, we sold our home and then paid the increase in price after signing the original contract agreement (YES, the price increase 15K after we begun construction), and we opted to stay in a rental for the month. The month turned into 2.5 months and we didn’t get the keys to the house until october 31. And even then we recieved a temporary permit. It was a complete and utter mess. The plumbers didn’t hook up our suppump and our basement took in water and the electrician( nice guy) has been the hardest to get a hold of to complete the extra’s we paid him for. So while new construction will have it’s share of problems, when you are dealing with sub contractors that you don’t get a chance to vett, there is little accountablity without your PM or the people who hired them keeping watch that the product is done correctly. So a word of caution for ANY builder who doesn’t do everything themselves with employees.

I will add that we also had Jeff H on our project and while he was very busy, and he dropped the ball sometimes, he did try his best to recetify things. Was he the best ever, no…but he did try to have empathy and just flat out told us some of our issues were due to COVID, material shortage and just finding people who will work. I would hire Jeff again, but I would make sure to stay in constant communication as he doesn’t like buildertrend, which I use to document every issues in case of legal ramifications.

• amalgamate
    2 years ago

Hopefully you've resolved any issues since move-in, HU-531576859, and you're in better shape now. It looks like your build time was about 9 months, which is longer than they promised but not too bad considering the circumstances. With all the delays we've experienced getting plumbers and electricians (60 and 45 day wait times, respectively) we're looking at probably 12-13 months which is just not acceptable. We figured at worst we'd be in the home this summer so that we could sell our current home and have our kids in the new schools by fall. At this point, it seems more likely our build will go past the 12 month mark and we'll be looking at September or October for move-in. It's absolutely ridiculous.

• HU-71366933
    3 months ago

We did & biggest mistake ever... our home is not quality at all and they could care less after you're in about resolving issues. one excuse after another. The warning signs were there but had high hopes they would do better. i would never recommend Diyanni homes.

• Wendy Lawwell
    3 months ago

I’m so sorry to hear that. Is your build complete? And where did you build?

• Wendy Lawwell
    2 months ago

Anymore Diyanni builders in Marengo on here besides Karen Taylor and Sean Gerke?