SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_27260903

Need help finding 30x40 ft +/- single story (Columbus, OH)

User
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

I just posted this in "smaller homes" then realized that "manufactured homes" is more approptite.

After 4+ years of owning property, I am finally confident that I will "build"next year. I have a budget of about 125k. This house must be a minimum of 1100 sf (zoning regs). Due to my lot dimensions and the required 25 feet from house to property lines, I am basically looking at something about 30x40 feet give or take a few feet. The front door must be on the shorter side (been thru all the various websites with floor plans and this requirement brings down choices considerably). Because I have a limited budget I have assumed I am limited to prefab (two builders I talked to estimated $200/sf which is out of my league, one may have said $150/sf but even that is out of my league). Would you agree? I literally want the most basic house possible (which there are no house plans for, everything has something "jutting out" or various knick knacks that will just need more maintence). I just want a rectangular box and a roof(probably 2 BR, 1 BA, but could do 2 baths, I suppose 3 BR is possible, but would rather have just 2). As simple as simple gets is what I want. I could go up to 1300 sf but I doubt my budget will allow that. So far my top (and only) choice is the Unibilt "Lakeside". 1175 sf, 101k, and about 13k for foundation. Since Im in Columbus, OH it think it is in my best interest (less shipping $$) to find someplace hopefully in Ohio or in a neighboring state. I really like the Unibilt Lakeside(read and heard good things about Unibilt) , but despite spending numerous hours looking for other options, I cant seem to find any. Can anyone suggest a model or company to look at? Im open to any options (not just prefab where it comes in 3-4 pieces and a crane drops them inplace) as long as it fits my budget and has the front door on the 30ish foot (shorter) side. Just looking for more options as Ive only found one.

Here is the Lakeside floorplan.

http://www.unibiltcustomhomes.com/Portals/0/Floorplans/RanchLakeside.pdf

Thanks!

Comments (22)

Sponsored