SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sayde_gw

Which? and why? (range versus rangetop/wall ovens)

sayde
15 years ago

First, thanks to all who have already responded to my many posts and emails on specific brands. I greatly appreciate everyone's willingness to share!

Like so many others, I need to choose either (a) integrated range or (b) range or cooktop with wall ovens. I have neither space nor need to have a range plus wall ovens. We are empty nesters now and the 27 inch oven in my range rarely gets used -- I usually use a toaster oven! or MW.

I will be doing a remodel so can have either (a) or (b). If (a), I am looking primarily at the Lacanche Cluny because in the space of 40 inches I can have two useful-size ovens (18x16x12). But I haven't discounted the BlueStar 24 inch range. Or the Capital -- those rolling racks. if (b) it would be the BlueStar 30" or the Capital 30" with either (for wall ovens) Gagg 24" or Electrolux 27" (love those rolling racks). I have really no need for programs, speed, or any advanced features. I want the most solid, beautiful, (which I know is subjective) simple and unbreakable.

Somewhere else in the room there will, of course, be a MW, maybe a convection MW.

I cook nearly every day, fairly simple fare, infrequent guests, care most about -- being able to easily clean, material quality -- fit and finish -- reliability, looks (yup, love that Cluny but it's 2x the $ of the BlueStar . . .) and performance. Performance is important but not #1. I also have an ergonomics preference for the wall ovens --but that pretty Lacanche. . . . should I just get past it? We plan to stay in this house til our knees give out-- hopefully 20+ years . . . .

Sorry for the long post and for input to what finally comes down to a personal decision. I've come this far through the maze of options with the input of all you good folks and wonder if perhaps others are sorting things in a similar way. So perhaps there are others besides myself who would benefit from some of your collective experience and guidance.. . . In any case would be most appreciative of all inputs . . .

Comments (9)