SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lcm_1986

Oven overkill? Wall ovens+steam oven+rangetop too much?

lcm1986
3 years ago

Hi there-

Starting a whole house reno including what is likely my forever kitchen. I am a big cook (I'm a food blogger/content creator) but have adult children so my needs change day to day, week to week depending on the content I'm creating and shooting. I have always had double ovens plus a cooktop up to this point and host lots of gatherings, parties etc. (when we are able).

My dilemma is this...I know I want a steam oven and am looking at the Miele. I am looking at Hestan for the rangetop or range. I'm worried that having only the steam oven and one other isn't enough so one option is the Hestan 48" range + Miele steam oven so I'd have essentially 2 1/2 ovens. I know..overkill?

The second option is Miele double ovens (which tbh I don't love the look of) + Miele steam oven + Hestan rangetop. Even more overkill? Being "vertically challenged" (translated 5'4" on my drivers license 😂), I am not sure that having a range where I have to bend over is the best way to go. Plus, I am concerned about the heat below if the oven is fired up while I'm using the cooktop as well as multiple cooks using the space (my extended fam cooks together a lot). Also, any Hestan range users- the ovens in the range seem really low to the ground compared to the Blue Star. Am I imagining this?

I'd love any advice you have...and please no judgement about excess- trust me, I'm struggling with that but also just trying to make the best decision for what is prob my "last" kitchen.

Thank you!!

Comments (27)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH