SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
twincreeks_gw

let's pretend...$ not a factor! cabinetry-mdf/plywood?!? help!

12 years ago

Hello Everyone!

MDF? PLYWOOD? A LITTLE OF THIS ... A LITTLE OF THAT.... Some are all plywood..some are made with MDF sides...backs... shelves....WHAT THE HECK SHOULD I DO?

I am really confused and really need help! Long story short...

Building a home, need cabinetry everywhere in house. Have gotten numerous quotes, have felt that I have really researched this area, but somehow I am still really overwhelmed and confused! Cabinetry is very important to me, along with Quality and Price too! I believe that you "get what you pay for"!

No matter who I talk to, I get different opinions....they try to convince me that one way is better over another.

So, if you have a thread that you know of that will lay this all out, please advise.

If you have any input/opinions/comments/suggestions from your own personal experience I would LOVE TO HEAR from you!

LET'S PRETEND COST IS NO FACTOR... IF YOU COULD GET ANY CABINET YOU WANTED WITH THE ABSOLUTE BEST CONSTRUCTION AVAILABLE...

*WHAT WOULD YOU LOOK FOR? FEATURES?

*WHAT WOULD YOU EXPECT THE CONSTRUCTION OF THE CABINET TO BE IN ORDER TO LAST A LIFETIME????

*WOULD THE CABINET MAKER BE THE SAME COMPANY THAT WOULD ALSO DO THE INSTALL?

In advance, I would like to sincerely thank all those that respond to this! Any/ALL info will be greatly appreciated! ;) Jessica

Comments (7)