SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
janeway452

New replacement faucets for my old Shelf Back Sink

janeway452
9 years ago

Thanks to readers of this forum I found a source for replacement faucets for my 40-50's American Standard Shelf Back sink. I found a master plumber who came out and very carefully removed one of the faucets so we could measure the bonnet. Apparently American Standard changed the size at some point, so in order to order the correct kit, I needed to find out. I could not even begin to remove the faucet caps, so a plumber was necessary. So when the new faucet kit came, the plumber came out and installed them. The total cost was about $525 faucet and plumber, but well worth it. The sink, the "Cinderella" tub, wall tile and floor tile are all in very good shape. Ripping it all out would have been HUGEly difficult, so not really an option, not to mention a crying shame to loose this vintage part of my little cottage. The faucets aren't original, but a very acceptable replacement. And they even act like real faucets! Now if I could find a vintage lighted recessed medicine chest (or a quality, realistic new) in very good condition.

Comments (18)