SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cat_mom

Need quick answer: are acrylic shower pans slippery?

cat_mom
15 years ago

We were talked out of a tiled shower floor for our downstairs bathroom (the shower will pretty much only be used when parents are visiting). We don't want to sink a ton of money into that bathroom (have two upstairs baths to do as well!), but still want it to look nice.

We then decided to get a Kohler cast iron receptor, but were talked out of that in favor of Kohler Archer acrylic (fiberglass?) shower pan--similar in look (as the cast iron one; solid, white), much cheaper, and again, the shower won't see much use.

DH picked up the shower pan the other day. I looked at it briefly; it seemed nice--shiny white, clean lines. It dawns on me this morning--I don't recall seeing any "grips" on the bottom of the pan. I check it out, and sure enough, no "grips."

So, my frantic question is; how slippery are acrylic shower pans? The shower itself will be 36" x 48" BTW, so we're not talking about a large space, if that makes a difference.

DH's brother is supposed to come over tonight to help mark where the pan will sit, so the plumber can then come this week to mark where to "chop up" the floor for the drain/pipes. This means we need to know ASAP if we can use this pan without worrying or not....

TIA!

Here is a link that might be useful: Kohler Archer Shower Pan

Comments (8)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH