SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
drjoann

Utility Sink for Washing Small Dogs

drjoann
13 years ago

I need suggestions for a utility sink to put in the "dog room" ... uh, I mean mud room. They are 10-12 lb terriers and just over 24" stem to stern. I need deeper than an ordinary kitchen sink, but the usual laundry sink means that I will need to put something in the bottom for them to stand on so I can reach them. Also, it serves as a place to clean off muddy paws when they just have too much doggie fun in the dirt.

I looked on the laundry forum for ideas & in one thread someone suggested getting a stainless steel commercial sink on legs like they use in restaurants. When I add up the costs of a regular acrylic laundry sink + sink base cabinet + countertop & backsplash, the price isn't out of line for a SS freestanding sink. An added benefit is that the sides don't slope like a typical laundry sink and the SS should be more resistant to dog nails than acrylic.

Anyway, I'm not sure if it is a cool idea or if a commercial SS sink would look too weird. The dog room is just off the kitchen and connects via a pocket door which will usually be partially open so they can go to their water bowl or out the doggie door to their own patch of grass.

Jo Ann

Comments (22)