SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lkremodel

Help ! Grout Cracking on Shower Ceiling

lkremodel
16 years ago

We just put in beautiful porcelain tile in a bathroom that is giving us problems. First, I was sealing the grout on the floor and noticed some small grout cracks two days after installation. Second, the plumber cracked a wall tile when installing the shower head.

It seems like the first two problems are solved. Two floor tiles were replaced and it was determined to be a grout problem. A thin, new layer of grout was put on top of the rest of the floor. This was two weeks ago and no cracks have appeared on the floor. The cracked wall tile was also replaced.

Today, I'm again sealing the grout in tub/shower and that floor. Good grief. There are a number of grout cracks in the ceiling. There is at least 1 grout crack in the wall about 10 inches from where the repair had been made.

What do you think? Are we jinxed? My worst fear is that tiles will start coming off the ceiling. Am I right to again complain and ask for a repair at their expense?

We haven't even used this tub/shower yet. Tomorrow the same plumber is returning to finish his job and I'm scared that he'll again to some harm.

Comments (5)