SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cab3014

AZEK Best Beadboard in Bath or Another?

cab3014
15 years ago

I am in a quandary about beadboard wainscotting in my small bathroom. I have three walls I want it on, going half way up the wall, approximately 4 ft from floor. The width of one wall is 5 feet, the widest wall is 8 feet, and the very short wall is less than 2 feet wide. These measurements were made by me and may not be exact.

I read on the AZEK web site that it is to be used everywhere but inside. Did I read this correctly? I thought it WAS for inside areas that are exposed to moisture, i.e. bathrooms or kitchen back splashes, etc. If I read correctly, it is made of plastic. Are there better products for my bathroom walls? I want a smooth , clean look that will not need to be painted and will not be easily scraped or otherwise damaged. The bathroom is used by one adult.

What size(s) would be most cost effective for the areas I need to cover? Is there another product AS GOOD , but LESS EXPENSIVE that is a better option? It will be installed professionally.

( Last week beadboard was installed that was purchased at HD and there are visible seams as well as small nicks and dings that are unsightly.) I'm determined to have it re-done by the contractor, but I will have to pay for the more expensive material. Should I have to for pay all of the materials for the re-do? However, I would rather pay and be satisfied with it than be unhappy with the newly installed beadboard that doesn't look good. Any thoughts, suggestions, or advice will be greatly appreciated. (Sorry for the long post. It's my first.)

BTW-I am very satisfied with the other work that was done in the bathroom.

Thanks

Comments (6)