SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
keepitunder20

Best Place to Buy Caulk?

keepitunder20
15 years ago

I need to caulk my son's bath! I just spent 5 hours cleaning out tub/shower and scraping loose grout out as best I could. This bath was done about 5 years ago using a General Contractor who used a not so good tiler. I didn't know it at the time. But it never looked good. He grouted everything--no caulk. So problems with grout falling out near tub, at corners, etc. I patched it years ago but just went in there and noticed how bad it looked! Black mildew spots where it met the tub and corners. I scraped the heck out of it. There are some spots where the grout would not completely come out and there is discoloration under it.

I will let it dry out a few days and then I need to caulk.

Can anyone tell me (Bill?) where do you buy the proper caulk. Home depot? Plumbing store? Tiling Store? And which brand is best for this.

I have to tell you when I was cleaning (with cleaner and bleach) and scraping out all the old grout that was basically crumbling, quite a bit of black stuff was coming out when I was rinsing it. I hope that with the bleach and letting it dry, it will be OK to caulk.

What do you think?

Thanks,

Cathy

Comments (7)