SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beckyg75

glass tiles that look like marble?

beckyg75
13 years ago

Hi everyone,

I just posted this in the kitchen forum, but since I also want to use it in a bathroom, thought I would post here as well.

Has anyone used this product? It looks like thassos but doesn't stain, b/c it is glass. Supposedly, you can clean it very easily.

It goes by various names: glassos, thassos glass, milk glass, etc. I would love to hear your feedback.

Who did you buy it from?

How much did you pay?

What room did you put it in?

Was your contractor familiar with it?

Has it held up (or did it scratch?)

I'm considering using this on the kitchen and guest bath floors.

Here is information I found on a manufacturer's site, but I wanted to get feedback from people who have actually used it. The text below is from this site:

http://www.mineraltiles.com/products/Supreme-Milk-Glass-Tile.html

"Supreme Milk Glass Tile recreates the beauty of the whitest natural stone available in the world: Thasos marble. A pure white crystallized glass is fused on a porcelain body allowing for easy installations and cuts as well as strength and consistency in color. Supreme Milk Glass does not require any type of treatment like the natural stone does, such as sealing and polishing. This product is sold by the box. A box of the 24"x24" covers 11.62 square feet and 32"x32" covers 13.77 square feet. Price per square foot of the 24"x24 is U$ 5.50 and 32"x32" is U$ 6.00 plus freight."

Comment