SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
janealexa_gw

lighting in master bath, help please!

janealexa
12 years ago

HELP! I have to make some fast decisions about our master bath lighting. Our master bath is L shaped with a corner tub. His and hers vanities are on each side of the tub. My vanity has a sink vanity as well as a makeup vanity that is slightly lower. There are 2 separate mirrors above the makeup vanity and the sink vanity on my side. I don't like the way vanity lights above the mirrors look. But I can't do side sconces because we will each have a side medicine cabinet (so the door of the medicine cabinet would hit a sconce). So my only option left is recessed lighting. Please HELP with placement suggestions and type of recessed lighting. How many cans? I've read they should be placed closer towards the mirror?? I was planning on putting 1 can above the makeup area then 1 can above each sink. Keep in mind we will have a hanging chandelier above the tub and another recessed light by the fireplace in front of the tub. I also plan to have 2 candlestick lamps at the makeup vanity (to provide light at my eye level). THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR HELP!!

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!