SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sangaree

some holiday decorating thoughts....

Purplemoon
12 years ago

I have lamented for years that Christmas, decorating for I mean, doesn't last long enough. The OLD school of thought was to get 'er done the weekend of Thanksgiving, and pack it up on New Year's weekend. Many of us probably grew up with that I'm guessing. Of course in my case, back then, it was just a tree and hang a wreath on the door. LOL. That's pretty darn simple. After I turned 40-something, I found myself doing a little bit more. Stressing little.

But that was before this Forum where I found ideas and lost my mind. ;o)

Plus getting older, having more stuff, and realizing there's a LOT of work to decorating for Christmas....well I began my "annual whine" about having only a few weeks to actually enjoy it!! What use to take me several

days to decorate was suddenly taking me over a week, at the very least. I did take a page off some of your books and started leaving things decorated till Little Christmas. And last year, I actually set up my Village

a week or two BEFORE Thanksgiving. Saved me a lot of time, and gave me more enjoyment.

Ok, now that I've drug this tale out long enough, last night I went to some blogs to look at pictures of Thanksgiving decor from folks who did neat Fall, and then Halloween, decorating. To my surprise, quite a few had just totally skipped over Thanksgiving and have begun to do Christmas. When I saw some already had their trees up, I was a bit flabbergasted. I mean, I love Christmas decor but dang it....I also love Thanksgiving, and turkey stuff. But it seems a lot of bloggers have had their fill of the fall colors and are ready to leap into the reds, greens, and whatever.

So I'm just wondering what your thoughts on this are?

I'm thinking I need to buy a duplex home, LOL. I could decorate one part in Fall-Thanksgiving and the other in Christmas, and just go back and forth as the mood struck me. Only solution I can come up with. ;o)

hugs, Karen

Comments (19)

Sponsored
More Discussions