SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rgjem

Narrowing down range choices

rgjem
15 years ago

I'm trying to decide on a commercial style range for my new kitchen. I've already been at this for several months, and what makes it difficult for me to decide is that I can't see any of my choices. Out of all the ranges I've considered the only one with a dealer in my state is Wolf.

I know I want a 48" range with 4 burners and a 24" griddle. As far as the burners go, the more btu's the better, and I definitely want open burners. I do a lot of baking, so oven capacity and performance is important.

I have researched Bluestar, which seems promising, Lacanche, which I have half way dismissed because of the burner sizes, Jade, which I'd like to hear some personal opinions on, and Wolf, which seems to be pricey and full of bells and whistles that aren't that important to me. I dismissed American Range because of the sealed burners.

I like to feel like I've exhausted every avenue of information before making a purchase, and since I can't see any of these, I'd appreciate any advise and opinions. Are there others that I have overlooked and should consider?

Thanks for the help!

Comments (5)