SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ravencajun

photobucket users

I know many of us use photobucket to store some of our pictures, they have made some changes recently and some that I have become aware of can be a privacy concern.

In the account options area there is a place to select if you want your albums private, if you do not do that it means others can see them, there is also a feature called block users, if you do not click the block all users option people can view and subscribe to your account. This means if you for example post a picture here in this forum and I click on it to view it, which will bring it up in my photobucket account since I stay logged in, and it will now also give me a pop up asking if I want to subscribe to YOUR photobucket account and have the option to be NOTIFIED when you add new content to YOUR account.

Now some may want and like this but I store only pics that I want there and don't care to have anyone else randomly having access to what is there. Not that I have anything nefarious hidden there, but still I want it mine and private.

So you may want to check out those new options in your account options area.

Comments (21)