SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
valleymagpie

You naughty girls, look what you made me do...

valleymagpie
15 years ago

Well, I couldn't stand it anymore: looking at those gorgeous tables you all do. I HAD TO GO SHOPPING! And since I won't have any table settings, trees, etc., until we get settled in the new house, I thought I would TRY to get a picture in here and show you the (modest) few things I bought yesterday (be patient with me, this uploading photos is a new thing).

If the picture magically appears below, here's what I bought: the corn thing (I'm not sure what it is--a jam jar, maybe? The clerk said that that someone had previously bought the matching salt and pepper shakers)from the Goodwill As Is Store, 75 cents; the plates, from the Dollar Store (I bought eight regular size and 3 extra large size (all they had in that size), $1 each; ONE turkey saltshaker (I'll put him with my other turkey figurines, facing profile so the holes don't show!), 55 cents; three older ornaments in great shape, $2.25 (the turkey and ornaments from the Salvation Army store); and a snowflake with deer picture from Wal-Mart, $1.

Since I'm not wild about using "from China" dishes for cooking/eating, I'm thinking I will use them all as chargers, the smaller ones for coffee and dessert or a lunch salad. Since my house will have a rustic/lodge-y theme I think they'll look great (time will tell).

Now to see if I can do this photo thing.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
More Discussions