SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynninnewmexico

Well, I FINALLY Have The Place Decorated for Thanksgiving! (pics)

lynninnewmexico
14 years ago

. . . and just in time for many of you to start posting your Christmas pics. I always seem to be the slowpoke here ;^D

Anhoo, I'm done and I even have my holiday (no, T'day, NOT Christmas!) breakfast table done, too!

First, this is the hutch in the foyer. By now, you all know that my 15 y/o DD is a budding ~and very opinionated~ future Martha Stewart.

So, this is her area and she's decorated it with our holiday kids book collection and the many Thanksgiving decs that she loves from her childhood (from DS's, too). The contruction paper decs were made by her when I was her grade school room mother. They were a few of our (many, many) school party art projects. I'm sure OldAlgebra will recognize one of our favorite books, Jack Prelutsky's "It's Thanksgiving".

{{gwi:1451661}}

The shelf-sitter turkey, wood pumpkins, Pilgrim & Indian couples were all made by my bestfriend over the years.

{{gwi:1451662}}

{{gwi:1451663}}

Out in our living room (notice that I HAVE still managed to claim some parts of this house for me to decorate!), I set up a bit of Thanksgiving color on our coffee table.

{{gwi:1451664}}

Here's one of the cornucopias I've made:

{{gwi:1451665}}

And, my Thanksgiving Breakfast Table. We eat all our weekend and holiday breakfasts in our dining room. Do you see Jane's gifts to me, the pinecone napkin rings she found and sent to me last week??? What a sweet friend and what great napkin rings to go with my pinecone plates! I love them . . . thanks again, Jane!!!!

{{gwi:1451666}}

{{gwi:1451668}}

The placemats are new this year. They're from HL and made with seeds glued down to fabric. I'm not sure they're the most practical of placemats, but they do really set off my pinecone plates, I think. The flatware is new, too. I got tired of having to use my Spanish Concha flatware with everything. Plates are vintage finds from GW and Ebay. I found the pinecone-look bowls at Marshalls a couple months ago. The leaf plates were also Marshalls' finds last Fall. I've had the pumpkin mugs for years.

This centerpiece for my breakfast table is more cute than dramatic, but works for a morning meal, I think: an Avon figurine I got back 25 years ago along with a wood pumpkin and a metal flip-top candy dish.

{{gwi:1451670}}

I've added a ceramic Autumn basket (HL, many years ago) to hold the toast, and my Dollar Tree salt & pepper shakers:

{{gwi:1451673}}

And, finally, my cherished sugar and creamer, that I've had for about 20 years now (and am still on the hunt for more pieces of this pattern).

{{gwi:1451675}}

OK, now before you all start on the Christmas tables (LOL!) I'm off to set the table for dinner. I'll show you those later.

Lynn

Comments (16)

Sponsored
More Discussions