SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
elphaba_gw

Basic Curbless shower - linear drain - what it looks like?

elphaba_gw
11 years ago

I've posted this in plumbing but thinking that there may be more responses here. Sorry for the duplication - not expecting engineering solution here but just some idea whether my understanding is way off base or not.

=============================

I've tried to make diagram below reflect a 2 inch rise within the shower from wall to wall (in a case where there is no center drain). Sorry if it is hard to see. Hopefully, the general idea is apparent. (Shower will have 3 tiled floor to ceiling walls with 4th wall that includes shower opening (no door) and next to door on same wall will be glass wall adjacent to vanity.)

Looks like linear drain will need to be sized carefully to manage "run off" but technically, are curbless showers built this way (very often)? Would this be wise?

I don't want to overkill if I don't have to with a secondary drain but honestly, this setup I've drawn below seems risky to my non-professional homeowner brain.

And I'm still exploring options with option for regular drain still looking good though the "sleekness" of the linear drain is definitely appealing.

Feedback, anyone?

Comments (7)