SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
janjan212

Children's Activities as Christmas Gifts

janjan212
18 years ago

Last year in an attempt to do something memorable with/for my 2 Granddaughters (then ages 6 & 8) for Christmas I thought long & hard and I decided to get them a "Girls Day Out" themed gift.... I purchased gift certificates to several places and presented them in a Small "brag book" style photo album. We picked a day after all the hustle & bustle was over and spent the entire afternoon treating ourselves. They felt SO special (and grown-up too) First we went to get Manicures (Local Nail Salon Gift Certificate)then off to lunch (Fast Food Gift Certificates) followed by Shoe Shopping (Local Shoe Store GC) then an Ice Cream at Baskin Robbins (These are CHEAP!, maybe 2.00?) then we went to a movie with 10.00 GC's to the Cinema...(enough for a child's admission and a small treat at the consession stand) This gift meant more to them than anything else under the tree last year, they carried around the photo albums ALL day, talking to each other about it and asking how soon we could go.(although I don't this to be totally true I wouldn't be surprised if it's the only gift they remember) We had the best time!! On the way home they both asked if they could get the same or similar gift next year. I took my Digital Camera along, snapping pictures along the way. I printed them off and gave copies to the girls to put in the photo album that I originally had the Gift cards in.

I could neve have imagined how special this gift was to them. I was thrilled. My only regret was my 4 year old Grandson looked and felt left out.

Next year is here and I am trying to think of activites to take them to do that will include my now 5 year old Grandson. I have already purchased gift certificates to a local Ceramics shop where they can pick out a item, paint it and have it fired. I think they will love to do this. In fact, I will do one with them, and may include my daughters too. None of us has ever tried this and I am really looking forward to it. But Now I am stuck. What else can we do on "our" day this year? I'm looking for suggestions. I have thought of "Build a Bear" and still might include this (my Grandson really wants to do this) but the closest one is 45 minutes away, so we probably couldn't do both in one day with out rushing. I will also most likely take them out to eat too. I am trying to avoid some of the things they usually get to do at Birthday Parties etc, Like Chucky Cheese...

Anyone have any suggestions?

Comments (10)

Sponsored
More Discussions