SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bowyer123

Really Confused...GE, Wolf, Thermador

bowyer123
11 years ago

We are beginning to look for appliances, and am needing some help. Also, I have searched the archives on here and am surprised at how many negative reviews for all things GE Monogram I have come across.

We need a 36" 'pro-style' 6-burner gas cook top, double (electric) wall ovens and a fridge....either 36" or 42".

The GE Monogram appliances all look nice and has the best prices overall. The Wolf (SRT366) cook top is about the same cost as the GE at $3550.We are leaning toward the Wolf for the cook top.

What scares me at this point is the negative reviews of the Monogram ovens and refrigerators. The GE 42" (ZISP420DX) is $8,644. The Wolf 42" (BI-42SD/SPH) is $10,607 and the Thermador 42" (KBDUT4265E) is $8,749. Obviously the Wolf is quite a bit higher.

The big shock is the difference in the 30" wall ovens. The GE (ZET2PMSS) convection in top and bottom costs $5,262. The Wolf with convection in both (D030F/S) is $6,963 and the Thermador (ME302EP) top-only convection is $4,199. We didn't price a Thermador refridgerator because they didn't have one w/o an ice maker, but a 42" Sub-Zero (BI-42SD/S/PH is priced at $10,607!

So many choices, and lots of differences in prices. Again, we like the looks and prices of the GE, but the negative reviews on here leave us very gun-shy.

Any ideas to help with our decisions...and keep the spending under control? We still need 2 dishwashers, a vent-fan as well as a disposal and a microwave.

Thanks

Comments (7)