SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ilmbg

HP1600 can't get it to work, HP support out of this world

ilmbg
12 years ago

I have an older HP 1600 all in one printer. I have used it without any problems several times recently.

Now, when I tried to print a page off the web it:

1. Said it had been deleted. Under start/control panal/features ^ programs it is still there.

2. I tried to re-install it, and it said that it cannot work on the program I have, which is the same computer, program that I used a few days ago without any problems

3. Then it said that 'sheduled print scheduled for deletion'. Something I was going to print, then cancelled a long time ago is listed. But I see no way to delete it or whatever I should do.

It is now about 1am and I have been trying and talked to HP support for about 2 hours. HP says'That because it is old you need to buy a new one, it your computer won't support it'. Then why did it 'support it 3 days ago??!!

HP's support is the worst that I have ever talked to- I can't understand what the Indian is saying, and I don't believe it can work fine with my computer and then 'your computer won't support it 3 days later'.

I am certain it has to do with the 'deletion, scheduled print needing to be deleted/and/or reloaded??.

Yes, by this time I am feeling that I might get great pleasure from throwing it against a wall or throwing it under a Mack Truck....except it has no feelings... I want it to feel the pain....

I really can't go get another printer- what do I do to get it back to work?

Same ol little computer- Mini, Windows 7 starter

Thanks *sigh*

Comments (5)