SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynninnewmexico

Thanksgiving Dinner Table & New Finds (pics)

lynninnewmexico
14 years ago

When I was at a new antique mall down in town last week looking (unsuccessfully) for a centerpiece turkey, I ran across this covered bowl for only $6. It's quite heavy and I'm keeping it on my buffet for now.

{{gwi:1449335}}

Here's a close-up of it:

{{gwi:1449336}}

And, yesterday I did a quick run-through at HL to buy one of their "natural" 6' slim trees with the natural bark trunk. They were on sale for 50% off and I needed one for our guest room. I'll show you that when I get it up after T-day. BUT, I also ran across this T-day pumpkin, which I thought would look good on my dining room bookcase. It was 66% off, so I got it for about $9. I really like the aged look of it a lot.

{{gwi:1449337}}

And here's a close-up. Isn't the detail great? {{gwi:1449338}}

Several years ago, I made an Autumn centerpiece using three beaded pumpkins. They're styrofoam inside and so it was easy to cut the tops off with a big serrated bread knife. I used one of the tops in this Autumn basket that I've put on our family room credenza.

{{gwi:1449339}}

And . . . here's the table I'll be setting for our Thanksgiving dinner this year. I tried this out last night for dinner to see how I liked it. It'll just be the three of us for Tday this year, with DS in the Army and our bestfriends heading to TX to see their DD's new home. It will be different for us, but I'm looking forward to this one time change of pace for us:

{{gwi:1449340}}

And here's a close-up of my beaded pumpkin centerpiece. I used this last year, too, but I love it . . . what can I say?

{{gwi:1449342}}

I'll be using these serving pieces T-day, too, for my gravy and cranberry orange relish:

{{gwi:1449343}}

{{gwi:1441371}}

And this for our Caesar or Waldorf salad.

{{gwi:1449344}}

I found these glass plates and footed bowls at various times over the past year at GW. I'll use one of each for a small fresh veggie & Ranch dip appetizer plate

{{gwi:1449345}}

This was my table last year, for those of you who missed it then. I use these dishes a lot during Autumn and Winter and for many of my Asian meals, as well.

{{gwi:1449346}}

Thanks for looking!

Lynn

Comments (30)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville
More Discussions