SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
munkos

Christmas traditions.

munkos
16 years ago

Hi all. I'm new and I have a few questions, that I'll save for another post. I thought for now I'd start with a thread for everyone.

What traditions did you have growing up? Which do you have now if you've got your own kids/house/married etc?

Do you have any decorating traditions?

I'll start with mine.

Deocrating wise, everything goes up December 1st. There is always a christmas movie on the tv in the background. And now that I have been of age for a few years, rum and egg nog! and I always get to put the star on top! Always have. And will until we have children.

When my boyfriend was little, the kids had their own tree that they got to decorate all by themselves, however they wanted. We plan to continue that once we have kids and they're old enough.

As far as stockings, gift giving, and christmas day traditions, we have a few.

A few from my childhood that we continue now are a mandarin orange, chocolate orange and seashell chocolates in my stocking.

My boyfriend always got a toothbrush, toothpaste and travel shampoo along with chocolate money. So he still gets that.

We both also always got ferrero roche chocolates, so we still do.

We also now always put a movie/videogame/cd in eachothers stockings.

When I was little if we woke up before 8:30 we were allowed to take out stockings into our room and open them, and wait til 8:30. Now we get up, make coffee, and open our stockings while we wait. We also open the animals stockings for them at this time, so they're occupied when we open gifts.

We both were always allowed to open a gift christmas eve, so we still do that. We choose which one the other gets to open. Almost always comfy new pj's to wear that night.

And also, it doesn't matter how old you are, Santa will always bring a present or two while you sleep!

Your turn!

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Franklin County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living
More Discussions