SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
82mkc

? thoughts on cooktop for elderly chinese cook?

82mkc
10 years ago

Really stumped by this one and would appreciate any advice from fellow gardenweb members.

Will be redesigning a kitchen for my elderly mom and myself and am looking for cooktop suggestion.

-She loves the high heat of gas for wok cooking and is used to picking up the wok to mix things. (hence induction may be a problem for this)
-But, she is starting to forget things on simmer and starting to burn things. I love that many induction cooktops will automatically cut out if they sense high heat and diminish risk of burning things. But, she would have trouble with the digital induction programming seen on many of the cooktops.

My ideal cooktop would be one that has both gas and induction (dual fuel) with knobs for the interface. Bertazonni makes one , but I haven't found any reviews.(http://ca.bertazzoni.com/professional-series/hobs/36-3-burner-segmented-cooktop-2-induction)

Questions:
1. Does anyone have experience with the Bertazonni dual fuel cooktop (gas/induction)? Is it a good or bad product?

2. If not, do you have any other suggestions for a dual fuel or induction with knobs that would be elder fiendlly?

thanks in advance for any help,

Comments (9)