SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tabbaldwin

any thoughts about 5-burner gas cooktops, 36'

tracey_b
14 years ago

Y'all are gonna get tired of my different questions over the next couple of weeks because my kitchen "desires" have all been kicked out for various reasons, so I'm back to wondering what to do and have to make a decision soon so the cabinets can get ordered....builder is waiting.

I wanted the GE Monogram professional 4 burner + grill cooktop but mostly venting issues have shoved that aside. Now I'm looking at the GE Monogram 5-burner with the large burner in the center (ZGU385LSMSS). There is also the GE Profile version of 5-burner (still 36"), but the center burner isn't any bigger than the others on the cooktop (by bigger, I mean grate size).

I'm already "saving money" (down from what my original choices were) by using the more expensive of the 2 above, so at this point with that particular item, the price difference isn't the deal-breaker for me.

So....my question is--what would I miss about the Monogram if I went with the Profile?

Any other opinions about a 5-burner gas cooktop? I seem to remember reading awhile back about someone complaining that if you use the center burner, you couldn't use a big pot elsewhere on the cooktop.

Thanks!

Tracey

Comments (20)