SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
psyohe

KA vs Sharp warming & microwave drawers

10 years ago

I have spent the last four hours looking at info on warming drawers and microwave drawers. My brain is mush, but I will attempt to make sense.

Kitchen Aid- I think I would use the slow cooker function a lot. I know I would use the warming part. KA only goes up to a 30" width I think. Can a KA microwave drawer be placed above it in an island?

Sharp- warming drawer #KB6100NK and microwave drawer #KB6525PS. I found info on the microwave on sharpe's website, but nothing for the warming drawer (on Sharpe's site.)

Sharpe makes all the microwave drawers. So if I buy a KA microwave drawer will it match with a KA warming drawer or will it look like a Sharpe microwave?

Does anyone have a Sharp warming drawer? I know several of you have and love the KA warming drawer. I just want them to match since they will be stacked on the island.

Sharp's downside is no slow cooker function.

Since my cabinet guy (sort of a relative) has 5 more kitchens to do I don't know when he will get to my island. I know those are bigger projects than my island and utility room sink. I just wish he would have finished mine first. I am paying him after all.

Yesterday when I asked when he would finish my cabinets, he told me he is also going on vacation.

So since he is not working on my cabinets, I thought I might rethink the island and add a warming drawer. I am still not sure about a built in microwave though.

Pros and cons of KA vs Sharp?
Pros and cons of microwave drawer?

Thank you for any suggestions! Peke

Comments (15)