SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
parislove_gw

New Home Kitchen/Dining Layout Suggestions appreciated!

parislove
13 years ago

Hi, I am new to this forum (just discovered gardenweb this month) and I LOVE the photos I have seen posted! I am having a new home built and would really appreciate this group's input on a design layout for the kitchen/dining/living area. I have changed the design so many times and I'm hoping to settle on something I can commit to in the next couple of weeks. The home is being built for me and my fiance. We don't have any kids but hope to have some in the future! We have a big family and would like to have a nice space to accomodate big family dinners.

I would like a layout that has an open kitchen/dining concept - maybe with a little peeking into the living room.

This is a design I am thinking I will love.

I based it on these inspiration photos I LOVE -

Dining Inspiration

Kitchen

The cons of my layout

1. No Sunlight in kitchen

2. May not be able to get inspiration ceiling done with wall in between living/kitchen

My builder suggested this layout -

I like the builder's suggestion; however, I REALLY don't like that there are not any windows in the dining room. Plus, the only window in the area seems to come from the french door, and I like a LOT of sunlight in my house.

I would very much appreciate your opinions on the 2 layouts, and any other suggestions about the floor plan you may have. I didn't really write in appliances because we are just trying to get a general layout down now.

Oh, here is the

that I altered to get my floor plan above.

Thanks!!

Comments (4)