SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dandylandy

Was I ripped off? Paid for starphire - seems green to me

dandylandy
12 years ago

Hi, Could some experts please comment on these photos?

We paid for low-iron glass - we called it "starphire" but I don't know if that is the brand that the supplier used or not.

When they installed the glass (we did two bathrooms with this) it looked basically clear but not super duper crystal clear, and the edge is definitely green. I read on here that the edge of starphire may be blue in tone, but did not see them described as green.

I had a sample 1x2 subway tile that is starphire glass back-painted white we were thinking about using in the bathroom. I helpd it up to the edge of the shower door - well - it is night and day how they look on the edge. The mini-subway tile does not have any green edging.

These other photos basically just show the 2 showers in various lighting. In the master bath, shen the bathroom lights and the shower light are on, the glass looks fine to me, but when the shower light is off, the glass looks tinted for sure. And since that is usually how we see it (we only turn the shower light on when actually taking a shower), it is bothering me. In the other bathroom, the glass always looks slightly tinted.

At this point, even if this is not starphire, I don't want to change it b/c I am SICK of workers breaking stuff in the apartment. Even the shower guys cracked 2 tiles when they installed the door.

Advice please, as if what we got is not starphire, I want some portion of our money back as these were super expensive enclosures.

hall bath 1

{{gwi:1455519}}

hall bath view 2

{{gwi:1455520}}

master bath view 1

{{gwi:1455521}}

master bath view 2

{{gwi:1455522}}

master bath view 3

{{gwi:1455523}}

Comments (8)