SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aufin

locking up

aufin
16 years ago

What can make my computer lock up? Simple question, many possibilities....I know.

I am working with the same machine, same graphics program, same configuration I have been working with for a couple years, now. Notihing "evident" has changed, yet the thing has recently begun freezing....only at a certain event every time.....whenever I go to the dropdown "save" or "save as" command under the file menu. If I manage to successfully save early, I can continue to save as often as I click the floppy "save" icon in the toolbar. If it becomes necessary to use the drop down "save as", I can pretty much count on a freeze-up and have to unplug the power for a complete reboot, and of course, loss of all work, which is getting more than annoying. During the freeze, nothing short of an external power down works.... three finger salute, nothng. I've walked away for an extended period of time, just to see if the machine is "gummed up" and will reset itself....nothing. I've run everything I can find as to computer cleanups, but the problem persists. Any idea?

Comments (19)