SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gopack_gw

Help with ideas for dining room ceiling

gopack
16 years ago

I have to pick out the crown molding, baseboards, and trim, etc. for our new home. We are doing painted trim and molding everywhere but in the kitchen, casual dining, family room and study, where we will do stained.

Our home will have a French Country look so I was thinking of bringing a little of the "rustic" feel into the formal dining room and master bedroom by putting the stained pine beams in the coved ceilings. (We will be using these beams in the kitchen, casual dining and family room.)

Do you think using the stained beams in a coved ceilng in the formal dining will work with white painted crown molding around the ceiling perimeter? (The beams will only be in the coved part of the ceiling.) I thought the darker beams in there would be an interesting touch and bring in some of the French Country feel. I want to put up pretty nice crown molding with a little design on it.

If you have a photo of a mix like this, please post it. I am a little confused on how this is going to look. any thoughts?

Thanks,

Ginny

Comments (7)