SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kate0529_gw

Vertical Subways w/ Glass Tile - advice needed!

kate0529
15 years ago

Hello,

I am a long-time lurker in this forum, and I've been planning my master bathroom remodel for quite some time now and am finally ready to start! I have decided on just about everything, but I am hoping for some opinions as far as my tile choices go.

First of all, the look I'm going for is simple and modern, with a floating espresso double vanity with a concrete countertop, undermount sinks, and brushed nickel fixtures. I am replacing the current one-piece plastic tub/shower unit with a Kohler Hourglass tub and will be tiling the surround and the apron. I plan to do vertical subway tile for the tub surround up to the ceiling, and I want to use glass tile to make the tub apron stand out (and to make the whole thing less white!). I really like this linear interlocking tile, but I don't know if it will work with the vertical subways or not - what do you think? If I use it, should it be installed horizontally or vertically? I made mock-ups in Powerpoint to give you an idea of what I'm thinking...any and all input is welcome, along with alternate design ideas. By the way, the tub in the pictures is not the Hourglass, it's just the only picture I could find that was taken straight-on. I greatly appreciate any help and/or advice you can give!

Horizontal:

{{gwi:1454126}}

Vertical:

{{gwi:1454129}}

Comments (9)