SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kristen_hallock

Installing vent hood - Bluestar Pyramid hood

Kristen Hallock
10 years ago

We have a 42" Bluestar Pyramid hood on order. We are installing this ourselves but since we dont have the actual hood right now I'm having trouble understanding exactly what the installation will be like

Right now our wall is down to the studs. And there is a stud running almost right thru the middle of the hood. So we need to move that or frame in a box where the vent can go directly out the back of the wall. We will be using a 90 degree elbow to vent the hood directly out the wall.

I'm not sure what part goes into the wall. Is it just a metal ductwork pipe with a damper on the outside part? Is the actual blower inside the hood?

Also, the instructions I could find online talk about mounting the hood to the studs. Ideally I think you would have 2 studs to screw into. Where are the holes on the hood that you have to fasten to the wall? Are they in the canopy?

I hope I'm making sense. We would like to get the wall ready and sheetrocked before the range and hood are delivered so that we can have them slide the range into the spot where its supposed to go.

Thanks!

Comments (7)