SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
carlylake

'Kuchen-ade' critical posts removed

carlylake
15 years ago

Last August I purchased a "kuchen-ade" wall oven and had it built into a cabinet.

I soon found out that there is a serious flaw with this appliance....the top (broil) element comes on intermittently when using the bake mode. Everything overbrowns and it's useless for making things like cakes, souffles, etc. and pizza is almost burnt on top before the crust is done (baked at 500 degrees).

The manual mentions this (that the top element comes on intermittently) and warns against placing anything between the food and the element to prevent over-browning.

There were many, many posts on this subject last August & September. All seem to have disappeared. A similar post vanished from the Epinions site.

This is not right! Anyone planning to use this oven for baking (cakes, especially) should know about this undesirable feature, and not have to examine the fine print online before discovering it. One just doesn't expect an oven to behave this way.

This post will probably be yanked pretty soon too, but hopefully I'll have warned some prospective purchasers.

I'll mention that the convection oven works fine, and the broiler is ok too. If it wasn't for that I'd toss this oven, buy another brand, and pay all over again for the custom installation. I wish I'd known about it before I bought. But who would have thought a major appliance manufacturer would sell something like this?

Carly

Comments (17)