SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
61tinkerbell

Okay Critics, here's ANOTHER plan to hack apart!

tinker_2006
13 years ago

I received a lot of good feedback from the previous floor plan I posted, but here is my FINAL plan.. I just handed it off to be professionally drawn, and although I feel good about the layout, I need to know if anyone else thinks I made some major flaws.

we are building on 5.25 acres, in SW Florida. Back of house faces North, Kitchen is facing East, lots of morning sunshine. I want the house to be bright, with lots of natural light, hope the back is not too dark... no vaulted to high ceilings, and back has French Doors with transoms.

I have moved things around a lot from the previous plan (staircase, kitchen) and added the 3rd bedroom down. After speaking to several Realtors, we feel that people in our area like the bedrooms on the main floor. Upstairs (I don't have layout for) will have a 'bonus room' and a 3/4 bath, plus 1-2 UNFINISHED bedrooms (we'll use for storage).

I know we are missing chisue's powder room, but it's just not important to us, and guest will use the hall bath.

There are some bumping doors, and for the flow of the plan, I don't see any option to get rid of them, however, I realized we have lived in a few houses with bumping doors, but they never were a real issue.

Very nervous that it's now in the process of becoming a realty.. so please take a look and give me the good, bad and ugly!
{{gwi:1494738}}From Drop Box

Comments (33)