SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
formosalily

Expert opinions needed - should we believe my contractor?

formosalily
16 years ago

Dear all,

This is a follow up to my previous message about the lousy job my contractor did in our bathroom.

Met with the foreman yesterday to inspect the bathtub installation done by his crew. He told us not to worry about anything we see as the job was just "roughly" done since the crew was in a rush on the day they did the work, but they are going to fix everything.

When we questioned about the lack of mortar bed underneath the bathtub and that the tub is not leveled, the foreman said they have yet to build a frame in front of the bathtub (which will also provide the surface for tiling the front of tub) to hold the tub and to level it. And "if need be", they will add "liquid foam" underneath the bathtub, which serves the same purpose as the mortar bed.

Should we believe what the foreman said about the tub's not going to level until they build a frame to hold it up? What is "liquid foam"? Can it be used to substitute "mortar bed"? Should we demand to have the mortar bed prepared beneath the tub regardless?

Please help!! Thanks a lot!!

P.S. Our bathtub is Kohler Hourglass (with integral tile flange, without apron)

Here is a link that might be useful: Previous Message:

Comments (5)