SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
agertz_gw

Filling Christmas stockings

agertz
16 years ago

Stockings are huge in our family. In fact, I'd say they're one of the most important parts of Christmas for us. We do stockings for our family and closest friends each year.

Some years it's a rush to fill them, but I've done something different this year and so far, it's working out really well.

I acquired a number of small high-sided cardboard boxes from work. The footprint of each box is about 5"x7" and the sides are about 10". I did a quicky decor job on each box, put a name on the side, and lined them up on a high shelf in my closet - our children are grown and away from home. Those with kids at home might want to find a good hiding place.

Now, every time I go in a store, I'm on the lookout for something to put in one of the boxes. It's amazing - instead of scrambling in the days before Christmas to find things for a particular person/people at that time, I can purchase the small gifts that bring to mind my loved ones when it happens, and I don't have to worry about losing things or keeping it all together, or sorting it all later and trying to remember what was for whom. Instead, all I'll have to do is dump each box in the appropriate stocking. That's it!

I'm so pleased with myself!! It's going to be the best Christmas yet!

Comments (22)

Sponsored
More Discussions