SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mcc371

OBF Blessings Box Christmas Swap

mcc371
6 years ago

Our Bloomin Friends Swap Group was created to have a reliable, fair, and safe haven to swap and trade between the group members. If you care to join us, we would love to have you. Membership requests should be private message to brittanysgran.

Our Blessing box is about giving from the heart. So, I will still include the option of filling a stocking if you like, but we are adding a bit more variety. You can fill up anything that you want. So, fill a stocking, fill a basket, fill a watering can, fill a planter, a envelope, decorate & make a container festive. Well - you get the idea. Treat your container like Santa would in terms of filling a Christmas stocking and add whatever little blessings you think your recipient will like. It would be nice for many of them to be garden-related: packets of seeds, bulbs, a gardening book or magazine, plant markers - things like that, but you can add Christmas things, too, like an ornament for the tree.

Please send a Christmas card with a garden or christmas blessing wrote inside.

Here is the game that goes along with this swap. I made a list of various "containers" and placed them in a basket and will draw the name of the Containers I thought of. The first person to receive a gift from someone in that type of container that I drew will win a prize for themselves and the sender. So if you mail early and your recipient posts right away and you choose the right container, you can be a winner! The prize will be just a small gift, but I want to make this month fun. I have also decided that if we have some members who do not participate and they post to pass this month, I will put those names in a basket and pick one and that person will get a little something from me as well.

Two rules: I know it's Christmas, but please don't spend "in excess." I am not setting a specific dollar amount, but no one should feel like they need to spend $20 or more on what you send. When you fill your container, Be Creative!! Pinterest has great cheap and free ideas. You can send along some seeds that you have harvested. decorate a calendar, print garden planner sheets, plant markers, seed packets, colorful markers, etc. Try to make it homemade or from your garden as those are near and dear blessings from the heart. But if you must buy it that's fine too.

So, sign ups begin now... please sign up by Dec. 9th. I want to give people a chance to mail early before the holiday rush. Let's say to mail your package no later than Dec. 15.

Here is one additional part to the swap, if someone signs up for the swap and you want them as a partner, you can send a private message to me asking to match you so that you can send to them. I will match you with that person if no one else has asked for them before you do.

I hope we have lots of participation and lots of fun! If you have any questions, just ask.

Tammy

Comments (187)