SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kirkebaby

Help me choose Wall Ovens!

kirkebaby
14 years ago

I thought I had posted this last night, but can't find it, so I apoligize if this is 2 posting.

I have to pick my double wall ovens soon ( I think via this forum, I have come to the conclusion that I don't want the Avantium/Single Wall Oven Combo, which we wrestled with for a while).

I love to entertain and cook. The appliances we have right now(to be installed- they are in storage until ready to be installed):

Miele Optima Dishwasher ( I forget the model, it was a unopen return we got for 1/2 price)

30" Viking Warming Drawer (floor model)

Gaggaenau In-Counter Steamer

GE Monogram UIcemaker/Fridge Beverage Center

What we have lined up to get:

Wolf Gas Rangetop 4 burners and a griddle in the middle

With the downdraft venting- we did get some recommendations to go with the THermador or the Kitchenaid downdraft as it comes up higher- any complaints with the downdraft pulling the flames from the gas rangetops?

Sub-Zero BI-36 O/U (with the new air filtration technology that takes the ethane out of the fridge air- we are very excited about this feature and got the floor model from the distributor)

One Drawer Fisher Paykel Paneled Dishwasher

So I am left only with the wall ovens decision:

My thoughts so far:

We have the Wolf Rangetop, I would love to do those ovens, but do I want to spend $6400 on the double wall ovens by Wolf?

Or becuase we got the Viking Warming Drawer (we are still trying to decide to put it in the island- if it will fit- near the rangetop- or whether to put it under the wall ovens); just go ahead with teh Viking Professional to match the Warming Drawer- still not too cheap- almost the same as the Wolfs. . .

Then we had originally thought we would take a step down

so that leaves us with:

Thermador Double Wall Ovens

Electrolux Double Wall Ovens

Monogram Double Wall Ovens or some type of Monogram Combo

The look we are going for is really the professional (towel bar)- which limits the look of the ovens we choose- so I have to rule out the Designer, Icon, etc. series with some of these manufacturers.

Because we already have one MOnogram - granted they are not near each other- and the Warming Drawer may fit under the Wall Ovens- do we just go with the VIking as such?

Also, I only want Digital, I don't like the look or functionality of the Analog Knobs for the Ovens, and I also love the 'flip screen' of the Wolf. ..

Our Kitchen look is very traditional shaker: White Painted Maple Custom Cabinets with Soapstone Counters and hardwood floors. I like the stainless mixed in with that to add a little more of a modern look, but still sticking with our 50s Colonial Revival home.

THOUGHTS? I am supposed to make a decision soon. Our Ovens will be on a wall all by themselves- the rangetop(and steamer next to it) will be on the island parallel to the Wall with the ovens.

Comments (5)