SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
robchronos

Need help choosing double wall ovens

robchronos
16 years ago

We've been laboriously researching appliances for our new kitchen and while we've made progress in some areas, the double wall ovens have us stymied. For what it's worth, here are the OTHER appliances we've selected:

Bosch 30" refrigerator and 18" freezer columns. My wife's primary mandate: she wants a big fridge. And I love how the hinges allow them to be totally flush with surrounding cabinetry.

30" induction cooktop. We're leaning towards either the Thermador or Siemens. I prefer a "slide" temperature control to +/- buttons. I haven't seen the Siemens in person yet, but its touchSlide control seems pretty nifty.

Bosch dishwasher. We currently have a Kenmore Elite dishwasher made by Bosch and it works very well. So we'll probably move up to a Bosch 500 or 800 series.

----------

Now the hard one: double wall ovens. It's hard to know which brands are better than others. Or do they all perform similarly and it's just a matter of choosing the look/controls that you like? We're budgeting $2000 to $3000 and these are the options we've come up with (with prices pulled from the internet):

Bosch 500 Series $2700

- the knobs feel slightly cheap to me

Thermador Masterpiece Series ME302ES $3039

- the beeps it makes when hitting buttons seem VERY loud. Not sure if that can be adjusted.

Frigidaire Professional PLEB30T9FC $1939

- looks nice in pictures and sports a very nice price. Just not sure if the quality is the same as the fancier brands.

Electrolux E30EW85GSS $2859

- looks BEAUTIFUL and has nice sliding racks. But it seems like I've read about temperature problems(?)

GE Profile PT956WMWW $2709

- ConsumerSearch.com recommends this one but I don't love the look of it.

KitchenAid Architect Series II KEBS207S $2689

Whirlpool Gold Series GBD307PR $2289

Sorry, I know that's a lot of options. But if anyone has any opinions on these ovens, we'd love to hear them. Thanks!

Comments (33)