SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
spring1_gw

Miele versus Wolf

Spring1
11 years ago

Hey everyone,

We are in the process of rebuilding our home and I'm at the design stage of our kitchen. My dilemma right now is to choose appliances. I've narrowed my choices to Miele and wolf because they are what are available close to me. I would consider another brand though if it had all the features I wanted!

I've decided for sure on a Miele dishwasher and sub-zero fridge, but am undecided on what to do for the wall ovens, steam oven, microwave and induction cooktop (I've decided against gas because I need the cleaning convenience of a flat top)

The things I like about Miele are:

-the rotisserie in the ovens

- the master chef/favorites programs

- timer on the induction cooktop

- if there is a spill on the cooktop, it will hold one liter of fluid

- stop and go (can pause all cooking if phone rings for example)

- timer can be set on cooktop for each element

- I talked to a chef at a showroom today (who uses multiple different ovens including Miele, wolf, dacor and Viking) and he said the glazing on the inside of the ovens is the best for durability and cleaning

- the Miele coffee system can be plumbed

- the clean touch stainless steel (although I'd love to hear from owners of wolf about fingerprints on their ovens)

The things I don like about Miele:

- the amber color of the Touch control pad

- I don't love the contemporary look, I like the slightly more ndustrial look of the wolf l series. The salesperson suggested that I don't mount the ovens flush to get a little more bulky look

-the steam oven is only steam, not convection. The sales rep did tell me they are comng out with a convection steam version, but couldn't tell me when.

- the steam oven has the water reservoir in the oven (so you have to open the door to add more water), although m not sure if this is an issue, the rep told me the reservoir holds about 2-2-1/2 hours of water. I'm not sure how long I'd ever be cooking more than that.

The things I like about Wolf:

- I like the look of the l series ovens the best, however that wouldn't be the sole reason I would choose wolf

- I like the feature of hiding the controls

- I like the microwave drawers looks wise, but the showroom I went to didn't have an operational one to try, so I'd love to hear any feedback about them

- the pull out racks on the ovens, especially the glider

- Interior lighting on ovens (I can't remember if this is on the miele and I can't find any info on the website)

- the steam/convection oven size is really appealing, if I recall right, this is starting to imitate the Miele master chef with the programmability.)

-I also like that the water reservoir is outside of the main oven cavity, although I'm not sure if this is a deal breaker.

One possibility I'm thinkin of is mixing the two brands (since I alread am with the fridge and dishwasher). I'm hoping to avoid the panels and stick with the stainless, but I'm not sure if the two brands will match okay color wise. My current thought is Miele dishwasher and coffee maker (the plumbed one), subzero fridge and wolf microwave drawer and steam/convection oven. Has anyone mixed the two brands? How did it look? What did you do to match the handles (Miele does have several different handles, but I think they can only be used for the dishwasher).

I will likely match whichever brand of cooktop to the oven I choose.

I am open to other brands that have all he features I want, just the wolf and Miele have been what are consistently recommended.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

Comments (9)