SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mikec_dsm

Leaking Shower Pan The Final Chapter

mikec_dsm
16 years ago

Back in February I posted a message that my shower pan again was leaking. Thanks to Bill & Mongo I got an education and a half. It took many months to finally get someone in who knew what they were doing. So many tile contractors donÂt have a clue as how to install a shower pan correctly.

IÂm HAPPY to report that I found such a person and in late April the demo began and on May 9th the final tile was grouted. I then sealed all the tiles and grout about 5 days later and then allowed it to dry for another 4 days before using my old friend. So on May 19th I used my shower for the first time since February and it was great. IÂm also happy to inform you that the original tile guy sent me a check to cover ALL of the expenses. This put a little faith back in a trade that I must say I had lost all confidence in.

THE LESSON:

I built my new home about 3 years ago. I took a first hand approach and had knowledge on many of the products and subs. I planned my roof, heating and A/C, plumbing and even the floor trusses I wanted. I DID NOT look into the tiled shower figuring that the tile guy knows how to do it. NOT!!! The moral of the story is whatever work you are having done or if you are building a new home DON"T rely on your GC or sub to know what is right. Plan on doing your homework and visit sites like these to understand what needs to be done and what options you really have. A little work upfront will save you $$$ and aggravation in the long run.

By the way, the pitch on my floor is just right and now the grout on the floor is dried within an hour where before it took forever. No runs, drips and I hope errors.

Thanks again Bill and Mongo for your invaluable help. God bless you both.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio