SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynninnewmexico

I'm Halloweening . . . Buffet First!!!

lynninnewmexico
13 years ago

It's a bit embarrassing to admit, but I seem to be very caught up with decorating for Halloween this year! Between you enablers here and my sweet 16 y/o DD, I've had my decs spread out all over the guest room for over a week now. I finally decided to put them out so that I have my work table in there cleared to paint and sew on.

This year I've decided to stick with decorating just the dining room, living room and foyer since we'll have to live with them until November 1st (LOL!).

First is my buffet area in the dining room. I haven't finished the table area yet, so I'll show you that later.

I didn't have anything else (yet) for a table runner, so I'm using an old, hand-embroidered tablecloth my mother gave to me. I'm not crazy about red & black together (in my house, not yours), but I thought this might work for Halloween, as it's already yellowed with age.

{{gwi:1441503}}

My Spanish Colonial art does NOT work well with Halloween, so, I've covered most of it for the month. Here, I've hung a sign from the DG ($1) over this painting.

I've also cobwebbed up the area ;^D

{{gwi:1441504}}

Poor Nevermore got the boot from his cage when his bodybuilder brother, Ah-nowld, arrived on the scene. I gave him a glitter bath before caging him, which really put him in the holiday mood.

{{gwi:1441505}}

I also gave him red eyes. They're supposed to glow in the dark, but don't as yet. What a profile, though!

{{gwi:1441506}}

I decorated the candle with window clings from DG ($1 for a big sheet of them) and a little spray adhesive.

{{gwi:1441507}}

And, finally, what's Halloween without a scary story or two . . . and who better than Edgar Alan Poe? This is one from my collection of antique books:

{{gwi:1441508}}

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!
More Discussions