SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
juliekcmo

Moving-help me pick a 30 inch gas range

juliekcmo
10 years ago

Hi,
I am hoping to get some good GW advice.

We are moving soon and I am leaving behind my 10 year old beautiful kitchen with a 36 inch Thermador all gas range.
I have the round burrners (the version right before the star burner was introduced) and an all gas oven with infared broiler. I need some advice on picking a range for the new house.

Things I like about this range:
All burners are same BTU high heat capacity.
No computer/no fan noise.
Gas oven cooks wonderfully.
Large oven capacity (holds a full sheet pan).
Heavy duty continuous grates.
No special "babying" is required of DH.

Things it has that I don't use/or don't care much about:
Convection.
Broiler works very well, we just don't broil very often.
Doesn't have self clean and I don't care about that.
Don't care about dual fuel.

Our new home will be our forever home. We are just getting the kids launched, and hoping to do some updates as budget allows. The new home is from the late 1980s and is ready for some updating. I won't have a huge budget, and will need to re-use existing cabinets. We can remove existing micro/wall oven and fit a 30 inch range and range hood in that space. (and remove the jen-air coil cooktop on the island and put in butcherblock there for much needed prep and counterspace.)

I am at a loss about what to pick. Hood is easy. I need 600 cfm, halogen lights, and baffles.

But to pick a range? Since I won't have the space for 36 inches, what is the best bang for the buck in 30 inch ranges. And which ones will hit the most items I care about? I would be happy to pay $1500 for something if it will get the job done in a satisfactory manner. I just don't know where to start. It seems like the $4000 pro tier models now have these noisy fans and computers in all of them. If that is the case, then I am having a hard time justifying spending more than twice as much as a standard brand.

Please help!

Comments (8)