SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mlpmd56

What is the best high end 30 inch slide in gas or dual fuel range?

Marcy LePique MD
3 years ago

I LOVE to cook. I enjoy everything from traditional huge Thanksgiving feasts (I plan to get a freestanding combo microwave/convection oven so I have enough ovens--learned about those here--thanks!) to paella and wok cooking. I will have a grill on my deck right outside my kitchen. My new kitchen will unfortunately not have room for a wall oven and a cooktop so would like suggestions for a 30 inch range for my island. I want gas (actually propane) of course. I am in a total quandary about what to buy, as this will probably be my last kitchen. Can I get a wok burner on a 30 inch Wolf? Why is Bluestar basically the only one with open burners (which make WAY more sense to me)? I definitely want high BTUs as my current gas cooktop has a max of 16K and it is clearly not enough for WOK cooking, in my opinion. I also admit to being somewhat entranced by a stove's looks. This is actually the first time I have been able to choose. Viking does not have enough BTUs for me. I live in the sticks so I think Capital would pose service problems. The things I like about Bluestar are the open flame, the range of colors, and you can order the oven with a side swing door which will be very helpful the older I get. I admit to loving the look of the Wolf, but unless I can get that really high BTU wok burner I am not sure I want one. Would love to hear your experiences and opinions. I am open to all advice.
Thanks. Marcy

Comments (6)