SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marija_gw

Why is Liebherr considered high-end?

marija
14 years ago

I have been preparing for kitchen remodel in summer, and just dropped by furniture/appliance store chain in neighbourhood to browse through refrigerators. Now, since I have recently purchased Samsung dw and I'm very happy with it, I'm heavily leaning toward Samsung "counter depth" refrigerator as I like the looks, the price and (fairly) reasonable organization inside. Basically, it matches most of my criteria:

- 30" or less

- bottom mount (or all fridge - I have freezer in basement)

- counter depth (or something reasonable)

- stainless steel

- highly configurable inside (cooking once a week for a whole week, 4 adults + 2 kids; need to fit 3 big pots in it + regular stuff)

In the store, however, there is Liebherr 30" freestanding _true_ counter depth floor model at discount for 2400CAD (some $2000 US). It has small dent at the side panel (could not care less) and the edges of door handle are losing its silver shine. I was about to jump ahead and spend the double what I have planned until I opened it! This is older model I know, but come on! The metal door shelves? The drawer that slides on the bottom of the fridge? The other drawer that has no drawer stop? Thin, thin plastic that is already cracked?

I must be blind, but why is Liebherr superior to Samsung? What makes Liebherr so great that orbits same stratosphere as SubZero, while Samsung is at middle?

And don't get me wrong, I have nothing against high-end, I'm delighted with my Miele washer and drier and would buy them again. I actually want to be persuaded to to get Liebherr.

For reference, the model is KGNves 5056, same as this posted by gw member.

Here is a link that might be useful: Liebherr pics

Comments (12)