SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
enduring

'Which Grout Color Should I Use?' :)

enduring
11 years ago

I am deciding on my grout color for my bathroom remodel. I will have white 4x4 tile shiny wainscoting with a marble listello of very soft grays and tans. This bath needs to be bomb proof so I was going to put in epoxy grout on the floor and the walls. I want this room to tolerate anything that my husband farmer & others can throw at it. Because of the heavy use this room gets I consider it to be light industrial in nature. So I was thinking of the Laticrete SpectraLOCK line.

I have read that the "Bright White" can read a tad yellow, which I do not want. I would prefer to have white grout but not yellow white grout. So, I was considering "Silver Shadow" even though it will show the patterned layout. Question, will this be too bold? I want soft. It is soft looking when I see online pictures of it installed. Another thing that is steering me to a darker grout is that I really get grossed out when I see the bottom of walls in bathrooms that have dark smeary marks on the tile and/or grout near the floor, from mopping. I am not a clean freak, but nothing looks more icky.

Next, I want to grout my slate floor with a lighter color. I have a color brochure of the Laticrete grout colors. So maybe "Silver Shadow" would work. The "Sterling Silver" is a nice shade of darkness but it looks too warm next to my slate. The "Platinum" looks good but it looks like it will be the same color as my slate. I could cut the Platinum with Silver Shadow 50/50 to get a medium to lighter color. Would that be practical to obtain a medium intensity to contrast with the black slate?

The other alternative is to do a very dark grout that is darker than the slate, such as the "Midnight Black".

Here is an image that I like, but it might have too much contrast for me.

Questions:

1) "Silver Shadow" for wall?

2) Use "Bright White" for the walls?

3) "Silver Shadow" for floor?

4) A mix of "silver Shadow" and "Platinum" for the floor?

5) "Platinum" for floor?

6) Floor grout darker than the blackish gray slate?

Your experiences and opinions would be appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Comments (8)